Bluegrass were tasked by local Cape Town agency King James, to develop an iPad application to be used as a marketing tool allowing Bells sales representatives to promote and support their sales process.
The app provides information about Bells like a visual heritage timeline, latest product releases, and a real-time promo calendar of upcoming marketing promotions, so that the reps are all aware of what Bells HQ Marketing is driving.
All content within the app is updated via a remote XML file. The app handles local caching of content to ensure an extremely smooth browsing experience and high performance. When new content is added, the app automatically detects this and asks the user if they want to download and update with the new content.
The App development process included:
- Technical planning
- Architecture, data modelling and scaffolding
- Slicing PSDs and preparing graphical conent
- User Interface development
- Flash Builders, Starling Framework & Robotlegs
- Local SQLite DB and caching
- Remote asset management and real-time content syndication
- Playing video clips & radio sound bites
- Advanced parallax development
- Flurry Analytics implementation
- Airwatch Deployment custom documentation provided
The app was supplied to the Bells IT team for deployment via their Mobile App Management system AirWatch from where the app is distributed to all staff internally.
This is brilliant and leading the pack in the industry guys. Well done and thanks for the hard work to get it right! Onwards and upwards. Wow wow wow!!