Bluegrass Digital is a leading digital production agency, working with both South African and International client accounts. We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful Senior .NET Software Developer to join our development team. You will take responsibility for complex CMS, eCommerce, and various other application development projects. You will have input into all projects.
You will report into the Head of Development and will work together with the development team to ensure that Bluegrass Digital’s products and service quality levels becomes known as the best in town. Being a senior position, we are looking for the right person who wants a long term role and to help build something great. Do you want to be a part of it?
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in web/software development
- Good Frontend skills and working with HTML5 / CSS3 / SCSS / Bootstrap framework
- Excellent database and server-side application skills with SQL / Windows services / IIS / NoSQL (MongoDB) / Hosting / VM’s / Cloud application management
- Cloud Application Development and DevOps experience (Azure is very advantageous)
- Experience in developing/maintaining Content Management Systems very advantageous is Umbraco and EPiServer)
- Excellent understanding of source control best practice and branching strategies, using tools like GIT, Mercurial, Bitbucket, Sourcetree
- Good knowledge of stored procedures and database design/normalisation
- Gather customer software requirements and develop related software applications and programs (to spec)
- Good application performance optimisation strategies and techniques
- Good knowledge of object-orientated concepts and patterns (Repository pattern with dependency injection very advantageous)
- Experience interfacing with clients, understanding client business strategies and how to deliver these within applications you architect
- Communicating at a management level. Speaking with authority and lucidity to clients and team members
- Experience working with Agile / SCRUM methodologies
- Experience using project management tools like Jira
- Happy to mentor and grow self-motivated less experienced team members
- Team player and not afraid of a bit of hard work and fun with colleagues
Click here for full job spec.
We are always looking for talented individuals!