Bluegrass Digital is a leading digital production agency, working with both South African and International client accounts. We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful Senior .NET Software Developer to join our development team. You will take responsibility for complex CMS, eCommerce, and various other application development projects. You will have input into all projects.
You will report into the Head of Development and will work together with the development team to ensure that Bluegrass Digital’s products and service quality levels becomes known as the best in town. Being a senior position, we are looking for the right person who wants a long term role and to help build something great. Do you want to be a part of it?
- A degree or role specific qualifications
- A minimum of 4+ years’ experience in software development within an IT or agency environment
- Experience in developing/maintaining Content Management Systems (i.e. Umbraco, EPiServer, Sitecore, WordPress, Drupal)
- Experience interfacing with clients and managing client expectations
- Communicating at a management level. Speaking with authority and lucidity to clients and team members
- Gather customer software requirements and develop related software applications and programs (to spec)
- Abide by development best practice guidelines – this is must! Also remaining in touch with current trends and technologies so that you can input into the team technologies used and processes
- Create and maintain databases
- ASP.NET 2.0 – 4.5, MVC 5, C#, SOAP Web services creation, WCF, .Net Web API, XML and XSLT, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 & 2014, MongoDB
- Cloud Hosting platform experience (i.e. Azure, Heroku, Amazon EC2, Rackspace etc)
- HTML5 / XHTML / CSS knowledge and ability to integrate frontend templates efficiently into CMS solutions
- Frontend Libraries & Frameworks experience (i.e. jQuery, AngularJS, React, AJAX / JSON)
- Responsive Frameworks experience (i.e. Bootstrap, Foundation, Skeleton)
- Mobile Frameworks (Ionic, Phonegap, Monotouch)
- Good knowledge of object orientated concepts and design patterns
- Experience working with Agile / SCRUM methodologies
- Experience using project management tools like Redmine / Jira
Click here for full job spec.
We are always looking for talented individuals!