Careers24.com is Africa’s largest jobs portal providing users with access to 1000’s of job vacancies. Bluegrass Digital were commissioned to carry out the design and development of a new mobile app to support the growing business, providing an additional channel for users to access Careers24 via their smartphones. The App required support for iOS, Android and Blackberry (10, 6 and 7).
We were provided low-fidelity wireframes to carry out the UI design for the new app and development of the iOS and Android mobile apps. The mobile app was focused on providing the key basic features for users looking for jobs. The App data endpoints would integrate using a new API created for the project.
- UI mobile app design standards
- Built on a fast, open source hybrid mobile stack using AngularJS and Ionic frameworks
- Apache Cordova to access native device functions to deliver iOS and Android Apps
- Registration and login authentication
- Profile management
- Region and category filtering
- CV upload
- Integration with backend systems via a Restful API
- Flurry analytics were implement to track user metrics
The delivery of the new app followed a Rapid Application Development (RAD) model to ensure delivery of the MVP features for a national campaign. The technical approach used a fast, open source hybrid mobile stack using AngularJS and Ionic frameworks. Apache Cordova provided for access to native functions to deliver both an iOS and Android mobile app.
The App originally was built to support Blackberry OS 6 & 7 for African markets. We used Zepto.js to allow for Blackberry devices with low memory thresholds. The original App was released in 2013.