Since 1865, Costain has been improving the lives of people by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructure. Iconic projects include the Thames Barrier, construction of the Channel Tunnel and Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
Bluegrass Digital have been working with Costain over the last 8 years. More recently, we supported the rollout of the brand refresh across digital channels. Apart from implementing the new brand guidelines, there was a need to refresh the overall user experience with improved navigation, content and layout without a full redesign.
- UX workshop and Sketch protoyping
- UI design for improved navigation, home page and templates
- Application of new brand guidelines across the website
- Umbraco CMS implementation and functional development
- Upgrade of Umbraco CMS to new platform
- SEO Audit and improvements
- Migration of content to new templates
The new brand guideline principles together with some clever work of the existing styles and new templates. Along with some fresh content and imagery, the corporate website was transformed without the need to undertake a full redesign process.
Further improvements were made in the content management system to provide Costain with more control over their content to help improve the overall user experience. The project was delivered to the agreed deadlines and launched together with the brand roll out to the market.