Fintech startup Equity Maven was founded by a dynamic team of entrepreneurs and finance specialists. They approached Bluegrass to collaborate with them on developing an online banking-style business valuation tool, after realising a great need for a powerful tool that can provide accurate and useful valuations at a fraction of the cost. The tool is aimed at small business owners that are looking to sell their business or raise capital.
After reviewing and strategizing with Equity Maven, Bluegrass moved forward with the planning and delivery of the custom fintech platform to meet both business and end-user objectives.
- Integration and creation of a comprehensive valuation report which includes
- A valuation figure calculator using a discounted cash flow methodology
- Technical valuation inputs taken from Refinitiv that draws from 40 million data points
- Sensitivity analysis of valuation assumptions
- Ability to save and store multiple valuations over time
- Industry benchmarking using key performance indicators against global industry averages
- Secure customer portal
- Umbraco CMS for product environment and content management
- Payment gateway integration with PayGate
- Hosting on Microsoft Azure
Bluegrass assisted Equity Maven with creating a comprehensive and robust fintech tool that allows companies to understand their business better than anyone with the assistance of the customized valuation calculator that shares a highly detailed, investment banking-style report, allowing businesses to understand and defend these assumptions in negotiations.
The custom fintech platform was built on Microsoft technologies using Azure application services as it offers the freedom to build, manage, and deploy applications instantly on an interconnected global network. It also provides the ability to scale out vertically and horizontally as the need arises. There are also huge savings for customers moving to Azure as it allows developers to host business logic that can be executed without managing or provisioning more infrastructure.
Umbraco CMS was the chosen CMS due to our expertise in Umbraco implementations, its flexibility and easy-to-use function which allows Equity Maven to take full ownership of their website with custom code and design freedom.
The site aims at helping business owners unlock the true value of the companies in an affordably, precise and efficient way.