Union Swiss – the makers of skincare brand Bio Oil – approached Bluegrass Digital on the development of a new employee app following the recent success of their B2B distributor app. Union Swiss wanted their employee app to follow a similar design to their distributor app but with a more tailored approach towards employee communication. This included greater emphasis on a top-down communication functionality and company centric content, with the intention to replace all other internal communication channels with the mobile app.
The design was focused on simplicity through a clean and focused UI.
- React Native mobile tech stack for Android and iOS
- .NET Core API architecture and integration
- Azure Storage for storing files
- Azure SignalR for real time chat functionality
- Azure Notification Hub for Push notifications
- Azure DevOps CI/CD for automated deployments to App stores
- Cosmos DB for data storage
- Google Firebase for in-app analytics
- App Messaging functionality
- Admin approval and user management workflows
- Content reporting and moderation workflows
- Integrated emails and push notifications
The result of the project was an employee communication app that creatively allows high level management to relay company content to Union Swiss employees at the touch of a button through the app and supported with notifications. The app is designed to provide Union Swiss employees with access to company news, direct message facilities, contact pages, and sales performance by country.
The app’s functionality provides the top management of Union Swiss with the ability to individually onboard company members and assign role specific admin rights. Users with posting rights have the ability to push content to geographic specific locations and defined user groups.
The mobile app has replaced all other forms of internal communication sources like WhatsApp groups and company newsletters, with the app being the sole distribution of company communication.